- Track your GpsGate.com Buddies
- Let others track you using GooPs or GpsGate.com
To track your GpsGate.com “Buddies” in GooPs you need to have an account on the GpsGate.com location server. The GpsGate.com location server will allow you to configure and manage your buddy lists. Click here to set-up your free BuddyTracker account.
Once you have a GpsGate.com account and you have set-up your Buddies, there are two steps required to configure GooPs to track your Buddies:
- In the GooPs Options dialog press the “External Server Setup…” button.
- In the External Server Setup dialog:
- Enter your GpsGate.com User Name and Password
- Enter the desired update rate in seconds
- Check the “Enable” box
- Check the “Send My Position” box if you want location updates sent to GpsGate.com – this will allow your Buddies to track you.
- In the GooPs Options Dialog “Add/Update Vehicle” area:
- Press the “New” Button
- Enter the user name of the “Buddy” you want to track in the “Name” field
- Enter the string “gpsgate.com” in the “Host” field.
- Press the “Add” button
- The GpsGate.com Buddy will now appear as a GooPs vehicle in Google Earth.