The AutoView configuration file allows you to control the range, tilt, and cursor icon based on your current speed.
To define your own AutoView configuration table: (this is a little complicated, if you mess it up you can just delete the file and GooPs will use defaults)
Create a file called autoview.cfg in the directory GooPs is running from
Enter lines/rows as follows:
- Each line/row in the file designates a speed in mph, a range in feet, a tilt in degrees, and a path to an image or model file separated by commas.
- The speed is the minimum speed for which this row’s factors will be applied
- The factors will be applied until the current speed reaches the speed designated in the following row.
- A negative range or tilt factor will cause the factor to be applied absolutely for given row.
- A positive range or tilt factor will cause the factor to be adjusted between this row’s factor and the next row’s factor based on current speed.
- For example the following table:
- From 0 to 5 mph – range will be 1000 ft, tilt will be 80 degrees, mycar1.png will be displayed at the current position
- From 5 to 20 mph – range will increase linearly from 800 to 3000 ft based on current speed, tilt will decrease linearly from 70 to 50 degrees based on current speed, mycar2.png will be displayes at the current position
- From 20 to 50 mph – range will be 3000 ft, tilt will decrease linearly from 50 to 45 degrees, mycar3.dae will be displayed at the current position
- Above 50 mph – range will increase from 3000 to infinity base on current speed, tilt will be 45 degrees, the GooPs 3D cursor will be displayed at the current position
The AutoView configuration table is reparsed with each update so you can experiment with different settings in real-time while running the demo.